Lip Recovery Programme: Lush + Avené

09:03

Being such a lover of lip balms, dry lips have never really been a problem for me, however this summer was an entirely different story. Not only were my lips severely chapped and sore, but the skin surrounding my lips was equally as bad; so I went on a hunt for the products that would be most affective and the products I purchased and have now come to love are the Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum and the Avené Cold Cream Lip Cream. 





Lush Lip Scrub in 'Bubblegum'


The first step I took in combatting my dry lips was to gently remove the dead skin that was just sitting there, to make sure that the lip cream would be able to do its job properly. A friend of mine recommended the Lush lip scrub, so while in Mallorca I popped into the shop and picked up a pot. 
There is a reason so many people have this product, it is simply amazing and its something I actually enjoy doing as part of my weekly routine. Its made from all natural ingredients meaning that when its time to remove the product you just lick it off, which for someone like me who is easily amused by stuff like that I found it pretty cool. The grains are really tiny meaning you get a nice gentle scrub, which wont irritate your skin. Priced at £5.50 you can't really go wrong, a little goes a long way with this product!


Avené Cold Cream Lip Cream



The second step in my little routine was the Avené's Lip Cream. I didn't have my Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream with me and my Nuxe Reve de Miel wasn't doing much for me, so i went to the pharmacy in Mallorca and they advised me to get this product. Priced at nearly 9€ I was praying that this stuff would work, and I'm happy to report that it did the trick and then some. It comes out as a white cream, but once applied it gives your lips a lovely clear sheen with a velvet feel, keeping your lips feeling hydrated for a good few hours. 



After using these products for a week, my lips were back to their normal self just slightly more sensitive. If you are going through the same sort of thing i would highly recommend that you look into purchasing these products and in the mean time you could do a homemade honey and sugar lip scrub followed by your favourite lip balm. 

Lara x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments