The Blitz Party...

10:01

Last saturday I had the opportunity to go to The Blitz Party in Shoreditch, London. As you may (or may not) have guessed from the name of the event, it was 40s themed which therefore meant a whole lot of swing dancing, a big live band, and lets not forget all the glamorous hair and makeup. 

The Village Underground had been transformed into a wartime air shelter, complete with sandbags and oil lamps; the drinks menu was made from ration cards and the drinks all had war time themed names. You really did feel like you had been transported back in time as soon as you stepped in, and once the live band started, the outside world no longer existed. 

Its not everyday that us girls (and the guys for that matter) have the opportunity to get this glammed up, and it was great to see that everyone had put so much effort into their looks; the girls were sporting typical 40s hair, makeup and fashion, and the guys were all decked out in solider, pilot and sailer outfits. 
Now i'm not that great when it comes to styling my hair, so I kept that really simple and easy and just stuck it up in a slicked back bun, and my makeup was pretty simple also but with a bit of winged liner and red lipstick to add that 40s glamour. (Pictures Below) 








I could not recommend this event enough, its something fun, out of the ordinary and I think everyone should go at least once. Click Here to go to The Blitz Party website, for information on when the next event is. 

I will be filming a video on the makeup look that I did on the night, and putting it up on my YouTube channel in the next few days, so keep an eye out for a post about that. 

Lara x 




You Might Also Like

0 comments